Board Approves OREC Funding Mechanism; Rejects Demonstration ProjectMORE ❯
Board Approves OREC Funding Mechanism; Rejects Demonstration Project
- New non-profit organisation created to promote offshore wind energy worldwide
- Founded by ten international organisations from the global offshore wind industry, including innogy SE
Three companies claim winning bids for Massachusetts offshore wind. Areas could support approximately 4.1 gigawatts of commercial wind generation, enough to power nearly 1.5 million homes.
14 Dec | Triton Knoll Wind Farm Earthworks
Since the official turf cutting back in September 2018, significant progress is being made on the Triton Knoll offshore wind farm project managed by lead shareholder, Innogy.
- i4Offshore project to receive almost 20 million euro in support over five-year duration
- Goal is to deliver offshore wind solutions making consumers' electricity bills both lower and greener compared to fossil fuel or other renewable energy sources
- Technologies tested to include 1,000-ton bucket foundation, steel jacket, a concrete transition piece, new cable connection
- 15 project partners companies include experts from all fields within the offshore wind industry; one of the largest offshore wind energy R&D projects ever
- Official title: "Integrated Implementation of Industrial Innovations for Offshore Wind Cost Reduction"
The European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC), NDT Consultants, Brunel University London, Reece Innovation, InnoTecUK, 3-Sci and E.ON have joined forces to launch a new and innovative project named CleanWinTur. The project which has been funded by Innovate UK, aims to research practical solutions to minimise the impacts of biofouling on Offshore Wind Turbines (OWT).
- A $11 million R&D program to be implemented over the next four years to improve reliability, drive down operating costs and improve safety of offshore wind operations
- The agreement will provide new digital and service solutions for operating and maintaining wind turbines remotely
- Collaboration will increase innovation and growth opportunities for the UK supply chain
Classification society, ABS, has issued an Approval in Principle (AIP) to SBM Offshore for its proprietary wind floater design.
- Longest ever AC offshore wind export cable system now installed
- Total offshore cable length of 467 km, around the same distance from London to Newcastle
- Manufacture and installation completed months ahead of schedule
Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings Inc. (TEPCO) announced today that the company’s first commercial offshore wind power facility will launch on January 1, 2019.
ISC and Semco Maritime was awarded the detailed design for the Hornsea 2 wind farm 1320 MW offshore substation and the offshore Reactive Compensation Station in late 2017 by Ørsted. Design is now completed on time and fabrication will take place in Singapore.
Cheaper, faster and more precise. The joint venture between ESVAGT and Wind Power LAB reduces both weather risk and expenses related to drone inspections of offshore wind turbines.
Semco Maritime has been awarded a 5-year service contract for the Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm, owned by Northland Power. Alongside, Semco Maritime doubles staffing at offshore centre in Norddeich due to increasing activity.
- Applies thermal imaging technology and wide-band acoustic spectral analysis to detect anomalies on blades across entire wind fleets
- Can be used on all blade platforms, regardless of manufacturer, with high accuracy and location precision
- Modular system is a significant advance in gathering data analytics, reducing physical inspections, and need for technician climbs
Tractebel is part of the Consortium that has been awarded a contract for the construction and installation of the Seamade offshore wind farms in the North Sea. The consortium will build the two high voltage substations, and their respective substructure, to be installed respectively in the Mermaid and the Seastar area.
Tekmar Energy are pleased to announce that international marine contractor Van Oord has selected the patented Tekmar Cable Protection System (CPS) TekLink® Mechanical Latch for the Borssele 2 (site III and IV) offshore wind farm.
Port of Tyne was selected as a base to lift and immerse the 11 ton BLIDAR buoy.
EMO is to be the operator of the newly constructed heliport in Groningen’s Eemshaven. The long-term operation contracts are being signed today.
Another ESVAGT Service Operation Vessel (SOV) for offshore wind farms is on its way to MHI Vestas. The vessel will service the offshore wind farm, the Moray East, in the UK from 2021.
REBO (Renewable Energy Base Oostende) has once again won an important contract for the port of Oostende.
Seaway Offshore Cables (SOC), in combination with Subsea 7, has been awarded its first US offshore wind project by Ørsted Wind Power North America LLC who are constructing the project for Dominion Energy.
- Project to utilize 58 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; 17-year Long Term Service agreement with logistics included
- SeaMade is the name of two combined offshore wind projects, previously known as Mermaid (235 MW) and Seastar (252 MW)
- Clean energy to be provided to 485,000 households
- Installation and commissioning expected to be completed before the end of 2020