Major Step Forward in Building New Jersey’s Offshore Wind Capacity
Board Approves OREC Funding Mechanism; Rejects Demonstration Project
Three companies claim winning bids for Massachusetts offshore wind. Areas could support approximately 4.1 gigawatts of commercial wind generation, enough to power nearly 1.5 million homes.
300MW project under construction and expected to be operational by year-end 2019
Agreement reduces the reliance on coal and adds incremental renewables to the grid without increasing cost
Project highlights BP’s commitment to innovation and transition to a low-carbon future
Vancouver based renewable energy software startup Clir Renewables announced as a recipient of funding from Sustainable Development Technology Canada
- Funding to support three projects to safeguard wind power installations and natural gas systems and build up cyber protection technologies to quantum-level capabilities
- Will build upon GE’s ongoing work to build the world’s first industrial immune system – Digital Ghost -- to protect power plant assets from cyber threats
- GE researchers will develop and field test new solutions in the field with key industry and National Lab partners
Wisconsin customers to benefit from clean, affordable wind power
Leading predictive analytics provider hooks up 950MW to its hardware, software and analytics platform for Pattern Energy, expanding 4-year long relationship between the two companies in North America.
Brazos Wind Ventures, LLC, a subsidiary of Shell Wind Energy ("Shell"), has signed an operations and maintenance contract with E.ON Energy Services LLC (EES) for its site near Fluvanna, Texas. E.ON will perform scheduled maintenance services on the 160-megawatt (MW) site.
Expanded North American benchmarking study says larger projects have greater cost-stability over time
SMAST scientists will host a series of workshops with members of the regional fisheries industry to identify priorities for assessments of impacts on fisheries and ecological conditions associated with offshore wind development
18 Oct | Empire Wind surveys pass halfway
Detailed monthly surveys of offshore wildlife in the proposed Empire Wind offshore wind farm area off the coast of New York state have passed the half-way point. The ultra-high resolution aerial surveys will provide crucial baseline data for environmental impact assessments and are being carried out by APEM and Normandeau Inc. on behalf of developer Equinor.
London Offshore Consultants (LOC) has provided Barge Master and GustoMSC with an approval in principle for the work method of their Steady Top Feeder solution. This independent and impartial acceptance is an important next step in implementing this solution in US offshore wind projects.
Seaway Offshore Cables (SOC), in combination with Subsea 7, has been awarded its first US offshore wind project by Ørsted Wind Power North America LLC who are constructing the project for Dominion Energy.
Damen Shipyards Group has recently announced a new design. The Fast Crew Supplier (FCS) 3410 service accommodation and transfer vessel (SATV) contains numerous design features that ensure its suitability for operations in the developing offshore wind market in North America.
Today the owners of the retired Brayton Point Power Station site in Somerset, Massachusetts have announced the site will be rebranded as Brayton Point Commerce Center.
- Bank of America Commits to Long-Term REC Purchases from the Project
- GE’s Wind Integrated Solar Energy (WiSE) Technology Platform used to Maximize Energy Production
- Venture Illustrates Potential of Hybrid Solutions to Accelerate Penetration of Renewable Energy
- Scope includes supply of 48 SG 3.4-132 and 14 SWT-2.3-108 wind turbines for Southern Power and a 20-year service and maintenance agreement