- More than four in five (83%) back wind energy
- Significant increases in support for wind cutting CO2 emissions and providing cheaper electricity
- 55% in favour of a wind farm being developed in their local area
The technology neutral tender round for 2018 has now been determined and has resulted in a record low level of aid to onshore wind turbines and solar PV. The budget for the tender round was DKK 254 million (2018 prices).
Centrica plc has launched its route-to-market business in Italy, agreeing Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with Glennmont Partners for the trading and balancing of 315 MW of capacity on 13 onshore wind farms in Southern Italy and Sicily.
- These autonomous vehicles will be able to perform complex review and repair operations on underwater structures (ports, rigs, offshore wind turbines, etc.) without human intervention
- They will contribute to minimising the environmental impact of dredging operations and to early detection of high concentrations of pollutants
- The first trials were conducted in the Canary Islands, Norway and Romania
Eagerly, the wind energy industry looks towards Poland. After around three years of standstill, the Polish government encourages the development of wind energy again by initiating new tenders. The results have just been published.
Erova, an independent energy trading and services company based in Dublin with offices in London and Amsterdam, announces it has contracted with Greencoat Renewables PLC to manage the balancing requirements for two wind farms (Knockacummer and Kill Hills) as required under the new Integrated Single Electricity Market (I-SEM).
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) and Balfour Beatty have successfully energised the connection for Dorenell wind farm in Moray. The wind farm connection, which will add capacity for a further 220 MW of renewable energy to the GB transmission system, has seen the deployment of composite poles, the first time this innovative technology has been used on the GB transmission system.
Highland communities will benefit to the tune of £28millon thanks to Britain’s newest onshore wind farm, built by SSE Renewables.
The diverse range of applications by European wind operators and developers spans wind resource assessment, bankable due diligence and noise studies.
PC 3800-1 used to erect turbines at Renkenberge Wind Farm