Were Hiring - High Voltage Wind Farm Control Engineer
Expiry date: 00:00, 25 June 2019
Location: Newtownards, Co. Down
Job Title: High Voltage Wind Farm Control Engineer
Looking for your next career move?
EDS’s portfolio of wind farms continues to expand as we work towards our goal of being the leading independent offshore high voltage service provider. For this reason, we are looking for a high voltage control engineer to join the team on a permanent basis at our Northern Ireland Headquarters in Newtownards. You will be joining an ambitious organisation where creative thinking and innovation are encouraged, whilst ensuring a continuous focus on quality in everything we do. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with managing safety critical activities, have a strong focus on quality, strong communication skills, and comfortable in a fast paced environment where continuous change is necessary as the business grows.
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: No direct line reporting responsibility
To control and co-ordinate the day to day safety activities across the Company’s portfolio Wind Farm of sites up to an including 400kV.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Preparation and approval of switching schedules, including confirmation of safety precautions necessary to achieve Safety from the System.
- Liaise with third parties such as National Grid to support inter system safety management.
- Ensure that process, systems and equipment required for service are available and fit for purpose, and where required recommend improvements.
- Support the out of hours standby rota as required and participate on a shift rota which will include the requirement to work on certain weekends.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with client personnel to ensure highest quality of service is delivered, while managing customer expectations and seeking improvements from customer feedback received.
- Aiding the Company’s resource management through planning switching operations to ensure site operational efficiency.
- Support Operations Manager and Project Managers by capturing and communicating required information to ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
- Support the development and mentoring of junior engineering staff.
- Support the Company’s internal quality assessment program by assisting in the auditing of Safety Documentation.
- Assist with the review and development of control room procedures.
Track record as a Control Engineer or Senior Authorised Person
HND or HNC in Engineering - equivalent or higher
Keen Attention to Detail
Previous experience of onshore or offshore wind farm industry
Existing authorisations at EHV (up to 400kV)
Control Room Management Experience
External: Customers, third party operatives
Internal: Projects Teams, Health Safety and Quality Team, Operations, Site Operatives.
To Apply Visit:https://app.vacancy-filler.co.uk/salescrm/Careers/CareersPage.aspx?e=LMo...
Electricity Distribution Services Ltd. Press release - Were Hiring - High Voltage Wind Farm Control Engineer. URL: http://www.edshv.com/news/control-engineer-vacancy/. [Date Accessed: 30/05/2019].