Denmark will increase our financial support to the Danish-Ethiopian strategic sector cooperation and partnership programme “Accelerating Wind Power Generation” in Ethiopia with 7 million DKK. The programme, which started in 2017, will now run until the end of 2020 contributing to the sustainable development of the Ethiopian energy sector with modern wind energy.
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, has forged a new partnership with Gaia Energy to create a joint platform for the development of wind power and other renewable energy projects in Africa.
- EGP RSA signed all financing agreements, also known as “financial close”, for five new wind farms with Nedbank Limited and Absa
- Total investment in the five wind farms amounts to approx. 1.2 billion euros, with the Enel Group contributing around 230 million euros in equity
- Following the financial close, construction of the first wind farm, Nxuba, is expected to start by the end of 2018.
Denham Capital -backed BioTherm to begin project implementation
- The Midelt wind farm is part of the 850 MW Projet Éolien Intégré
- Construction will shortly begin at Taiba N’Diaye to deliver 158.7MW of clean, reliable energy, increasing Senegal’s power generation by 15%
- Lekela’s social investment programme in Senegal is also underway, with the project committing up to $20m towards creating sustainable livelihoods in the local community
- Siemens Gamesa will supply two wind farms with a combined capacity of 250 MW
- Installation of 109 units of wind turbines will commence in 2018 with completion scheduled for 2020