DNV-GL has awarded Nabrawind with the Design Evaluation Conformity Statement for the first Nabralift Self-Erecting tower design, that was prototyped last summer in Eslava (Spain), with a total hub height of 160m.
- Agreement signed with Future Wind includes five years of testing and 15 years of service
- Installation of Haliade-X 12 MW will take place during summer 2019
Ingeteam is participating in the first bottom-fixed foundation offshore wind turbine prototype to be installed in Spain and the first of its kind in southern Europe.
UNITECH Offshore and Equinor have entered into an agreement that UNITECH will take over the Hywind Demo floating wind turbine outside Karmøy. The turbine will be renamed and used as an infrastructure for research projects, development of new technology, and within teaching and training.
- i4Offshore project to receive almost 20 million euro in support over five-year duration
- Goal is to deliver offshore wind solutions making consumers' electricity bills both lower and greener compared to fossil fuel or other renewable energy sources
- Technologies tested to include 1,000-ton bucket foundation, steel jacket, a concrete transition piece, new cable connection
- 15 project partners companies include experts from all fields within the offshore wind industry; one of the largest offshore wind energy R&D projects ever
- Official title: "Integrated Implementation of Industrial Innovations for Offshore Wind Cost Reduction"
The European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC), NDT Consultants, Brunel University London, Reece Innovation, InnoTecUK, 3-Sci and E.ON have joined forces to launch a new and innovative project named CleanWinTur. The project which has been funded by Innovate UK, aims to research practical solutions to minimise the impacts of biofouling on Offshore Wind Turbines (OWT).