- The company is to install ten SG 3.4-132 turbines with a total capacity of 34.6 MW
- The main components will be manufactured in the Aoiz (Navarra) and Ágreda (Soria) plants
Siemens Gamesa to supply the wind turbines for a Norvento wind farm in Lugo, Spain
The company will deliver ten units of the SG 3.4-132 wind turbine, which has a unit capacity of 3.465 MW and a blade diameter of 132 metres. This model is particularly suited to the winds and terrain of the wind farm location in Lugo. Delivery of the turbines is expected to be completed by summer 2019.
The blades for this turbine will be produced at the Aoiz (Navarra) plant, while the nacelles will be produced at the plant in Ágreda (Soria).
"We are grateful for the confidence that Norvento has placed in our turbines. The cutting-edge technology in these wind generators assures the best performance and the highest standards of reliability," said Enrique Pedrosa, CEO Onshore of Siemens Gamesa for Southern Europe and Africa.
Iván Nogueiras, Energy Manager at Norvento, said that "our commitment is to choose the best wind technology for installation in Galicia, while ensuring the utmost respect for the environment; the Siemens Gamesa wind generators play a key role in achieving that."
The company continues to enhance its lead in Spain, where it is the leading manufacturer, accounting for close 56% of the installed fleet (close to 12,500 turbines). Siemens Gamesa is also in charge of maintaining over 6,000 MW, approximately one-quarter of Spain's total installed capacity. The company has one of its main R&D centres in Spain, where it designs some of its latest models of wind turbine. Siemens Gamesa spends close to €400 million on R&D worldwide each year. Spain is also one of the company's main production and supply hubs.
Siemens Gamesa is a global leader in the wind power industry, with a strong presence in all facets of the business: offshore (#1), onshore (#2) and services (#2). In 2017, the company placed first in the turbine OEM ranking compiled by Make Consulting, with a market share of over 17%.
Through its advanced digital capabilities, the company offers one of the most versatile product portfolios as well as industry-leading service solutions, helping to make clean energy more affordable and reliable. With 89 GW installed worldwide, Siemens Gamesa manufactures, installs and maintains wind turbines, both onshore and offshore. Its backlog stands at €22.8 billion. The company is headquartered in Spain and listed on the Spanish stock exchange (traded in the Ibex-35 index).
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa to supply the wind turbines for a Norvento wind farm in Lugo, Spain. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2018/12/contract-wind-turbines-nor.... [Date Accessed: 04/12/2018].
- The company will supply 57 of its Siemens Gamesa 3.X platform turbines to the Kola wind farm
- Second contract for Siemens Gamesa in growing Russian market
- Siemens Gamesa will supply 60 units of its SG 4.5-145 wind turbines with a flexible power rating of 4.2 MW to Enel Green Power’s Parque Amistad III and IV wind farms in Coahuila, Mexico
- Projects were awarded during the 2017 Mexican Auction
- Scope includes supply of 48 SG 3.4-132 and 14 SWT-2.3-108 wind turbines for Southern Power and a 20-year service and maintenance agreement
- The company will supply 26 of its SG 3.4-132 turbines at Enel Russia’s Azovskaya wind farm