- The company will install 206 SG 2.2-122 wind turbines for its first projects with Alfanar in the country
- The order includes two wind projects which will be developed in Bhuj in the state of Gujarat
Siemens Gamesa strengthens its leadership in India with two new contracts to supply 453 MW to Alfanar
The SG 2.2-122 is specifically optimized for low wind, low turbulence sites typical of the Indian market, thanks to extremely low power density and high efficiency. This turbine has been crucial to cement Siemens Gamesa leading position in India having sold over 1 GW in the current fiscal year.
“Alfanar is already our customer globally and we are happy to announce this first deal with the company in India. Repeated big orders such as this certainly boosts our confidence and demonstrates customers’ trust in our capabilities. With the SG 2.2-122 – a turbine made for India, we expect to deliver better value to our customers through innovative, tailor-made solutions,” said Ramesh Kymal, Onshore CEO of Siemens Gamesa in India.
Mr. Jamal Wadi, CEO, Alfanar Global Development, said, “As one of the global players for developing renewable projects, we are happy to partner with Siemens Gamesa yet again, this time for part of our 600 MW portfolio awarded under the SECI bids which we are developing in Bhuj, India. With more than 3 GW of greenfield development in the pipeline for Alfanar in India, our main goal is to provide value and benefit to the community by partnering with reliable manufacturers”.
According to GWEC India is ranked 4th in global wind power installed capacity. The onshore potential in the country is promising as it stands at 300 GW of which only 35 GW have been tapped. India’s government has established a target of reaching 65 GW of cumulative wind power capacity by 2022.
Siemens Gamesa has operated in India since 2009, and the base installed by the company recently surpassed the 6.2 GW mark. The company has two blade factories in Nellore (Andhra Pradesh), and Halol (Gujarat), a nacelle factory in Mamandur (Chennai, Tamil Nadu) and an operations & maintenance centre in Red Hills (Chennai, Tamil Nadu).
*These orders belong to the Q4 order intake as it was announced in the page 9 of the Q3FY19 earnings release.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa strengthens its leadership in India with two new contracts to supply 453 MW to Alfanar. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2019/08/190813-siemens-gamesa-alfa.... [Date Accessed: 13/08/2019].
- The company will supply 57 of its Siemens Gamesa 3.X platform turbines to the Kola wind farm
- Second contract for Siemens Gamesa in growing Russian market
- Siemens Gamesa will supply 60 units of its SG 4.5-145 wind turbines with a flexible power rating of 4.2 MW to Enel Green Power’s Parque Amistad III and IV wind farms in Coahuila, Mexico
- Projects were awarded during the 2017 Mexican Auction
- The company is to install ten SG 3.4-132 turbines with a total capacity of 34.6 MW
- The main components will be manufactured in the Aoiz (Navarra) and Ágreda (Soria) plants
- Scope includes supply of 48 SG 3.4-132 and 14 SWT-2.3-108 wind turbines for Southern Power and a 20-year service and maintenance agreement