- The company will supply 57 of its Siemens Gamesa 3.X platform turbines to the Kola wind farm
- Second contract for Siemens Gamesa in growing Russian market
Siemens Gamesa signs second order with Enel in Russia for over 200 MW
The scope of the contract includes the supply of 24 units of the new SG 4.5-145 wind turbines with a flexible power rating of 4.2 MW for Parque Amistad III and 36 units for Parque Amistad IV, located in Acuña City, in the northern State of Coahuila, Mexico, for a combined total capacity of around 249 MW.
These projects represent the first order worldwide for the new generation of onshore wind turbines greater than 4 MW with best-in-class LCoE, a tower height of 107.5 meters. The SG 4.5-145 offers a flexible power rating from 4.2 MW to 4.8 MW depending on site conditions and has a rotor diameter of 145 meters. It is optimized for medium wind onshore locations to maximize energy production with low noise emission levels.
Both, Parque Amistad III (100 MW) and Parque Amistad IV (149 MW) were awarded to Enel Green Power during the Mexican Auction in 2017.
“We are very excited to be able to provide our new generation of onshore wind turbines to Enel Green Power’s projects,” said Jorge Lobatón, Onshore Managing Director for Mexico and Latam. “We look forward to the successful implementation of Amistad III and IV. These projects are two of the most relevant wind farms projects in Mexico, which will position the state of Coahuila as one of the main players in renewable energy in the country.”
The scope for both projects includes a 5-year service and maintenance contract after commissioning of the turbines, which will be manufactured in Spain and China (nacelles) and Mexico (blades and towers).
Across Mexico, Siemens Gamesa has provided more than 2.3 GW of output capacity for more than 25 project sites. The company has a strong footprint in Mexico consisting of third-party manufacturing, service and offices.
Siemens Gamesa is a global leader in the wind power industry, with a strong presence in all facets of the wind business: offshore (#1), onshore (#2) and services (#2). In 2017, the company placed first on the turbine OEM ranking compiled by Make Consultancy with a market share of over 17%.
Through its advanced digital capabilities, the company offers one of the broadest product portfolios in the industry as well as industry-leading service solutions, helping to make clean energy more affordable and reliable. With near 89 GW installed worldwide, Siemens Gamesa manufactures, installs and maintains wind turbines in the onshore and offshore segments. Its order backlog stands at €22.8 billion. The company is headquartered in Spain and listed on the Spanish stock exchange (traded in the Ibex-35 index).
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa signs second order with Enel in Russia for over 200 MW. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2018/12/contract-onshore-russia-en.... [Date Accessed: 11/12/2018].
- Siemens Gamesa will supply 60 units of its SG 4.5-145 wind turbines with a flexible power rating of 4.2 MW to Enel Green Power’s Parque Amistad III and IV wind farms in Coahuila, Mexico
- Projects were awarded during the 2017 Mexican Auction
- The company is to install ten SG 3.4-132 turbines with a total capacity of 34.6 MW
- The main components will be manufactured in the Aoiz (Navarra) and Ágreda (Soria) plants
- Scope includes supply of 48 SG 3.4-132 and 14 SWT-2.3-108 wind turbines for Southern Power and a 20-year service and maintenance agreement
- The company will supply 26 of its SG 3.4-132 turbines at Enel Russia’s Azovskaya wind farm