- The contract comprises an overhaul of the previous O&M contract offered to the fleet including new services and upgrades for 236 wind turbines in different areas of the country
- The 10-year contract also includes the operation of the turbines and full-scope maintenance services
Siemens Gamesa to renew Glennmont Partners’ O&M service agreement for 255 MW in Italy for 10 years
The renewal of the O&M agreement comprises new services and different upgrades, reducing the cost of energy and providing greater control over operation and maintenance costs. Under the contract, SGRE will also operate these turbines and provide full scope maintenance services for ten years.
SGRE has 2.219 MW installed in Italy and maintains 64 wind farms with a capacity of 1.667 MW, which accounts for a 75% of the total capacity installed. SGRE’s Service business unit maintains nearly 57 GW (onshore and offshore) in 62 countries.
“We are very pleased that we have reached such an important agreement, not only for its significant size, but also because it demonstrates our clients trust Siemens Gamesa and our expertise in securing the maintenance of their fleets. It also increases our footprint in such an important and competitive market as Italy,” said John Paul Larrañeta, Service CEO of Siemens Gamesa’s Southern Europe and Africa region.
Glennmont Partners’ total portfolio of renewable power plant constitutes nearly 1GW of mixed generation technologies across Europe, and its strategy is to expand this significantly over the coming years. Partner Francesco Cacciabue said yesterday: “We are delighted to cement our relationship with Siemens Gamesa through this agreement. It is an example of the strategic alliances that will allow us to achieve growth while managing risk and providing value to our investors”.
Siemens Gamesa is a global leader in the wind power industry, with a strong presence in all facets of the business: offshore, onshore and services. Through its advanced digital capabilities, the company offers one of the broadest product portfolios in the industry as well as industry-leading service solutions, helping to make clean energy more affordable and reliable. With 90 GW installed worldwide, Siemens Gamesa manufactures, installs and maintains wind turbines, both onshore and offshore. Its backlog stands at €23 billion. The company is headquartered in Spain and listed on the Spanish stock exchange (traded in the Ibex-35 index).
Glennmont Partners is one of Europe’s largest fund managers focusing exclusively on investment in clean energy infrastructure. It raises long-term capital to invest in alternative power generation projects, such as wind farms, biomass power stations, solar parks and small- scale hydro power plants. Its carefully selected, risk managed investments deliver sustained performance and predictable returns over periods of 10 years or more. Formerly BNP Paribas Clean Energy Partners, the team has been working together since 2007, and has established a reputation for making intelligent, long-term investments that deliver absolute returns.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa to renew Glennmont Partners’ O&M service agreement for 255 MW in Italy for 10 years. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2019/04/190411-siemens-gamesa-news.... [Date Accessed: 11/04/2019].
- i4Offshore project to receive almost 20 million euro in support over five-year duration
- Goal is to deliver offshore wind solutions making consumers' electricity bills both lower and greener compared to fossil fuel or other renewable energy sources
- Technologies tested to include 1,000-ton bucket foundation, steel jacket, a concrete transition piece, new cable connection
- 15 project partners companies include experts from all fields within the offshore wind industry; one of the largest offshore wind energy R&D projects ever
- Official title: "Integrated Implementation of Industrial Innovations for Offshore Wind Cost Reduction"
- Project to utilize 58 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; 17-year Long Term Service agreement with logistics included
- SeaMade is the name of two combined offshore wind projects, previously known as Mermaid (235 MW) and Seastar (252 MW)
- Clean energy to be provided to 485,000 households
- Installation and commissioning expected to be completed before the end of 2020
- 900 MW projects to utilize approx. 112 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; Service agreement included
- Subject to final contract, Siemens Gamesa will establish a nacelle assembly facility near Taichung Harbor for start of production in 2021, going beyond the localisation requirements
- Local tower supply set-up through CS Wind and Chin-Fong partnership to be used
- Offshore construction for the projects to begin in 2021
- Swancor to supply resin for Formosa 1 Phase 2 blades
- Collaboration between CS Wind and Chin Fong Machine Industrial to supply 100% localized towers required for wpd’s Yunlin project in 2021
- SGRE prepared to fulfil future local content requirements