Siemens Gamesa reaches €1,72 billion in green guarantee lines by the end of 2019
In less than a year, and aligned to its commitment to Sustainability, it has accumulated €1,72 billion in green guarantee lines. Siemens Gamesa will use this to support its business of manufacturing and selling onshore and offshore wind turbines worldwide, with an impact on the Sustainable Development Goals relating to "Affordable and clean energy" and "Climate action."
“Becoming more sustainable and competitive is clearly feasible and positive, and we aim to do it at every step we take. Sustainability and ESG principles are key at every decision, including in our funding and financing strategy” said David Mesonero, CFO of Siemens Gamesa.”
Siemens Gamesa has installed over 99 GW of wind capacity worldwide, which produce enough clean energy to power nearly 85 million European households. In this way, the company contributes to eliminating 260 million tons of CO₂ emissions each year, the equivalent of planting over 4 billion trees.
The company also supports the global climate protection goals and has adopted the global initiative to decarbonise economies. Siemens Gamesa is steadily replacing conventional emission-intensive power sources with renewable energies in its operations.
Siemens Gamesa is a member of prestigious international sustainability indexes, such as Dow Jones Sustainability Indices®, FTSE4Good® and Ethibel Sustainability Index®.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Siemens Gamesa reaches €1,72 billion in green guarantee lines by the end of 2019. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2020/01/green-guarantee-lines-en. [Date Accessed: 03/01/2020].
- i4Offshore project to receive almost 20 million euro in support over five-year duration
- Goal is to deliver offshore wind solutions making consumers' electricity bills both lower and greener compared to fossil fuel or other renewable energy sources
- Technologies tested to include 1,000-ton bucket foundation, steel jacket, a concrete transition piece, new cable connection
- 15 project partners companies include experts from all fields within the offshore wind industry; one of the largest offshore wind energy R&D projects ever
- Official title: "Integrated Implementation of Industrial Innovations for Offshore Wind Cost Reduction"
- Project to utilize 58 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; 17-year Long Term Service agreement with logistics included
- SeaMade is the name of two combined offshore wind projects, previously known as Mermaid (235 MW) and Seastar (252 MW)
- Clean energy to be provided to 485,000 households
- Installation and commissioning expected to be completed before the end of 2020
- 900 MW projects to utilize approx. 112 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; Service agreement included
- Subject to final contract, Siemens Gamesa will establish a nacelle assembly facility near Taichung Harbor for start of production in 2021, going beyond the localisation requirements
- Local tower supply set-up through CS Wind and Chin-Fong partnership to be used
- Offshore construction for the projects to begin in 2021
- Swancor to supply resin for Formosa 1 Phase 2 blades
- Collaboration between CS Wind and Chin Fong Machine Industrial to supply 100% localized towers required for wpd’s Yunlin project in 2021
- SGRE prepared to fulfil future local content requirements