- GE's flagship onshore wind project in Sub-Sahara Africa — 60 1.7-103 units
- GE EFS and Renewable Energy partner to deliver 100MW wind power project in Kenya
- Kipeto will produce enough electricity to power the equivalent of 40,000 homes
Vestas’ global partner Enel Green Power has awarded Vestas a 294 MW order of V136-4.2 MW turbines, delivered in 4.2 MW Power Optimised Mode, for two projects in South Africa.
Vestas is providing a customised solution for the 159 MW Parc Eolien Taiba N’Diaye, Senegal’s first large utility-scale wind energy project and the largest wind project in West Africa. The wind farm will expand the country’s generation capacity by 15 percent, support the development of affordable renewable energy and diversify Senegal’s energy mix as well as provide positive social and economic impact for the nearby communities.
- Siemens Gamesa will supply two wind farms with a combined capacity of 250 MW
- Installation of 109 units of wind turbines will commence in 2018 with completion scheduled for 2020
With the signing of the power purchase agreement by public-sector utility Eskom, the contract for the installation of the South African wind farm "Roggeveld" has now also come into effect.