Confirming the largest MW project to date in the company’s history, MHI Vestas will supply 100 V164-9.5 MW turbines for the 950 MW project to be installed in Scotland’s Moray Firth.
- Project to utilize 58 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; 17-year Long Term Service agreement with logistics included
- SeaMade is the name of two combined offshore wind projects, previously known as Mermaid (235 MW) and Seastar (252 MW)
- Clean energy to be provided to 485,000 households
- Installation and commissioning expected to be completed before the end of 2020
MHI Vestas to bring industry-leading V164-9.5 MW turbine to the US market as Massachusetts sets the pace in the burgeoning offshore wind industry.
Northwester 2 in Belgium will be the world’s first offshore wind park to feature the V164-9.5 MW turbine from MHI Vestas Offshore Wind.
- 900 MW projects to utilize approx. 112 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; Service agreement included
- Subject to final contract, Siemens Gamesa will establish a nacelle assembly facility near Taichung Harbor for start of production in 2021, going beyond the localisation requirements
- Local tower supply set-up through CS Wind and Chin-Fong partnership to be used
- Offshore construction for the projects to begin in 2021
- Ørsted has selected Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) as the preferred wind turbine supplier for the first 900MW Greater Changhua projects utilising approx. 112 SG 8.0 -167 DD offshore wind turbines.
- SGRE will deliver locally produced wind turbine towers.
- Subject to the signature of the contract, SGRE will establish a local nacelle assembly facility by 2021, going beyond the localisation requirements.
- The project is subject to certain conditions, such as the signing of a power purchase agreement by the end 2018 and Ørsted’s final investment decision expected in March 2019.
MHI Vestas plans to supply three V164-8.3 MW turbines for Nautilus Offshore Wind, New Jersey’s first offshore wind project.
Pioneering three-turbine project to feature the largest and most powerful wind turbines ever installed onto a floating foundation.
13 Aug | Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction signs maintenance contract for Southwest Offshore Demonstration Wind Farm
28 Jun | Siemens Gamesa will supply the world’s largest offshore project: Ørsted orders 165 turbines for Hornsea Two wind power plant
28 Jun | Record-breaking order for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) as Ørsted signs contract for world's biggest offshore wind farm
31 May | Siemens Gamesa named preferred supplier for wpd’s Yunlin offshore wind power project in Taiwan