- 900 MW projects to utilize approx. 112 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; Service agreement included
- Subject to final contract, Siemens Gamesa will establish a nacelle assembly facility near Taichung Harbor for start of production in 2021, going beyond the localisation requirements
- Local tower supply set-up through CS Wind and Chin-Fong partnership to be used
- Offshore construction for the projects to begin in 2021
- Ørsted has selected Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) as the preferred wind turbine supplier for the first 900MW Greater Changhua projects utilising approx. 112 SG 8.0 -167 DD offshore wind turbines.
- SGRE will deliver locally produced wind turbine towers.
- Subject to the signature of the contract, SGRE will establish a local nacelle assembly facility by 2021, going beyond the localisation requirements.
- The project is subject to certain conditions, such as the signing of a power purchase agreement by the end 2018 and Ørsted’s final investment decision expected in March 2019.
- Maintenance to be provided on 20 wind turbines with a total capacity of 60MW
- Aim to enhance competitiveness to lead domestic wind power market, which is forecasted to grow to 16GW by 2030
- Project located in the Taiwan Strait recently received grid allocation from the Taiwanese government
- wpd and Siemens Gamesa signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) for exclusive negotiations on the delivery of the SG 8.0-167 DD, together with a 15-year, long-term service agreement
- Construction to start in 2019; installation and commissioning aimed from 2020 onwards
- 20 SWT-6.0-154 Direct Drive wind turbines to be supplied at Formosa 1 Phase 2
- 15-year full service agreement included, Installation of the turbines to start in 2019
- Ongoing localization in the framework of MoUs with local partners