Nordex awarded yet another contract for a wind farm project in Sweden
The "Slageryd" wind farm will be built in Jönköping county and is the first project by the Nordex Group in the south of Sweden for many years. Nordex has already realised seven projects totalling 110 MW with BayWa r.e., in Germany, the US and Poland. Nordex is also familiar with Taaleri, the final customer: since 2013 the company has supplied Taaleri with turbines with more than 260 MW for several wind farms in Finland.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 23 GW of wind energy capacity in over 25 markets and in 2017 generated revenues of EUR 3.1 billion. The company currently has about 5,000 employees. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States and India. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 1.5 to 4.8 MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements in countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Nordex SE. Press release - Nordex awarded yet another contract for a wind farm project in Sweden. URL: http://www.nordex-online.com/index.php?id=53&L=2&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=3054&tx_.... [Date Accessed: 05/12/2018].
- To supply 24 units of S111-140m and S120-140m with rated capacity of 2.1 MW each
- Project to be completed in two phases by H1, FY20 in Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu
- Provide electricity to ~43,000 households and curb ~1,42,569 tonnes of CO2 emissions per year
- The company will supply 57 of its Siemens Gamesa 3.X platform turbines to the Kola wind farm
- Second contract for Siemens Gamesa in growing Russian market
Project Development & Execution
Energy transformation in Northern Germany making further progress