- SG 11.0-193 DD Flex offshore wind turbine can reach 11 MW capacity under specific site conditions
- A further development of the proven Siemens Gamesa Direct Drive offshore wind turbine platform, built on five generations of experience
- High reliability and low cost of energy ensured by solid track record of almost 1,000 Siemens Gamesa Direct Drive offshore turbines installed
New Siemens Gamesa DD Flex concept increases capacity on its largest offshore wind turbine to 11 MW
Offshore wind industry leader Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) expanded its product portfolio today at the WindEurope Offshore 2019 Conference & Exhibition with the launch of the new Siemens Gamesa DD Flex concept and the SG 11.0-193 DD Flex offshore wind turbine. Built on the current largest offshore wind turbine in the SGRE fleet, the SG 11.0-193 DD Flex can reach a capacity of 11 MW under specific site conditions.
“The SG 11.0-193 DD Flex is another example of how Siemens Gamesa constantly works to improve performance and provide greater value for our customers, ratepayers, and society-at-large. Digitalization allows us to increase the capacity of our current largest machine to 11 MW, boosting its annual energy production, while keeping the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCoE) down. In turn our customers can deliver more clean, reliable energy to end-users at lower overall prices,” said Andreas Nauen, CEO of the Siemens Gamesa Offshore Business Unit.
The SG 11.0-193 DD Flex offshore wind turbine features a 193-meter diameter rotor utilizing the 94-meter long Siemens Gamesa B94 Integral Blades. Constant digital observations are processed by the control system, increasing capacity up to 11 MW. The upgraded turbine has been created based on SGRE’s deep understanding and expertise within its proven offshore direct drive technology, gained over all five product generations since being launched in 2011.
SGRE will also soon install offshore turbine number 1,000 using its patented Direct Drive technology. These turbines are installed in all major markets globally, including the UK, Germany, Denmark, The Netherlands, Belgium, and Taiwan, among others. Furthermore, confirmed orders for an additional 1,000 SGRE Offshore Direct Drive turbines have been received, with installations planned for the markets mentioned above and new offshore markets including the USA, France, Japan.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - New Siemens Gamesa DD Flex concept increases capacity on its largest offshore wind turbine to 11 MW. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2019/11/191126-siemens-gamesa-flex.... [Date Accessed: 26/11/2019].
- The company will supply 57 of its Siemens Gamesa 3.X platform turbines to the Kola wind farm
- Second contract for Siemens Gamesa in growing Russian market
- Siemens Gamesa will supply 60 units of its SG 4.5-145 wind turbines with a flexible power rating of 4.2 MW to Enel Green Power’s Parque Amistad III and IV wind farms in Coahuila, Mexico
- Projects were awarded during the 2017 Mexican Auction
- The company is to install ten SG 3.4-132 turbines with a total capacity of 34.6 MW
- The main components will be manufactured in the Aoiz (Navarra) and Ágreda (Soria) plants
- Scope includes supply of 48 SG 3.4-132 and 14 SWT-2.3-108 wind turbines for Southern Power and a 20-year service and maintenance agreement