Major Step Forward in Building New Jersey’s Offshore Wind Capacity
The wind industry will hold the first Global Offshore Wind Summit in Taipei on 24-25 April.
Board Approves OREC Funding Mechanism; Rejects Demonstration Project
- New non-profit organisation created to promote offshore wind energy worldwide
- Founded by ten international organisations from the global offshore wind industry, including innogy SE
An innovative new specialist marine services company has been established to address a gap in the seabed services market. Introducing Seabed and Offshore Solutions Ltd. (Seabed Solutions).
Orsted have awarded SMC with a framework agreement to provide statutory inspection and auxiliary services to their sites across the UK.
- Agreement signed with Future Wind includes five years of testing and 15 years of service
- Installation of Haliade-X 12 MW will take place during summer 2019
Ingeteam is participating in the first bottom-fixed foundation offshore wind turbine prototype to be installed in Spain and the first of its kind in southern Europe.
UNITECH Offshore and Equinor have entered into an agreement that UNITECH will take over the Hywind Demo floating wind turbine outside Karmøy. The turbine will be renamed and used as an infrastructure for research projects, development of new technology, and within teaching and training.
An ORLEN Group company Baltic Power is about to commence surveys to assess the environmental impacts and wind conditions within its off-shore wind farm licence area in the Baltic Sea. To that end, an agreement was signed with a consortium comprising MEWO S.A. and the Maritime Institute of Gdańsk, with a view to obtaining an environmental permit for the project and determining the production potential of the planned off-shore wind farm.
- Longest ever AC offshore wind export cable system now installed
- Total offshore cable length of 467 km, around the same distance from London to Newcastle
- Manufacture and installation completed months ahead of schedule
Cheaper, faster and more precise. The joint venture between ESVAGT and Wind Power LAB reduces both weather risk and expenses related to drone inspections of offshore wind turbines.
Semco Maritime has been awarded a 5-year service contract for the Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm, owned by Northland Power. Alongside, Semco Maritime doubles staffing at offshore centre in Norddeich due to increasing activity.
Tractebel is part of the Consortium that has been awarded a contract for the construction and installation of the Seamade offshore wind farms in the North Sea. The consortium will build the two high voltage substations, and their respective substructure, to be installed respectively in the Mermaid and the Seastar area.
Tekmar Energy are pleased to announce that international marine contractor Van Oord has selected the patented Tekmar Cable Protection System (CPS) TekLink® Mechanical Latch for the Borssele 2 (site III and IV) offshore wind farm.
Port of Tyne was selected as a base to lift and immerse the 11 ton BLIDAR buoy.
On the 3rd of January 2019 flight no 100 took off from Peterson Offshore Passenger Terminal at Zeeland Airport
Attollo Offshore, a leading offshore marine operator, continues to cement its reputation for innovative thinking by announcing the launch of its Aberdeen-based innovation incubator.
FairWind is proud to announce the signature on a Letter of Intent with Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) to collaborate on the pre-assembly work for the Formosa 1 Phase 2 offshore wind power project in Taiwan.
ABS granted Approval in Principal (AIP) to Neptun Ship Design for its Wind Turbine Transport Vessel design, the first to support transporting parts for turbines greater than 9 Mega Watts (MW).
- Project to utilize 58 SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbines; 17-year Long Term Service agreement with logistics included
- SeaMade is the name of two combined offshore wind projects, previously known as Mermaid (235 MW) and Seastar (252 MW)
- Clean energy to be provided to 485,000 households
- Installation and commissioning expected to be completed before the end of 2020