First cable to connect wind farms at sea Borssele reaches coast
In the coming weeks, preparations will be made to also connect the second sea cable for the Borssele Alpha project to the transformer station.
TenneT Holding B.V. Press release - First cable to connect wind farms at sea Borssele reaches coast. URL: https://www.tennet.eu/news/detail/first-cable-to-connect-wind-farms-at-sea-borss.... [Date Accessed: 16/04/2019].
- North Sea wind with 8.17 terawatt hours is stable with a strong 15 percent of total wind energy generation in Germany
- Expansion of offshore wind farms is stagnating at previous year's level
- TenneT is calling for western German North Sea wind farms to be linked to the Dutch electricity grid in the future.
- innogy and TenneT to jointly investigate benefits for connecting offshore wind to interconnectors across a North Sea Wind Power Hub system
- Companies to explore the potential of connecting wind farms to an international windconnector
- An interconnected grid system would support the deployment of larger volumes of offshore wind, strengthen European energy markets and increase security of supply across Europe