- Consists of 18 wind turbines for the Thorup-Sletten project in the northwest of Aggersund. Siemens Gamesa will also maintain the wind farm for 20 years through a long-term service program.
- The installation will start in October this year. The 18 onshore turbines will have a total capacity of 77 MW and an electricity production corresponding to the annual consumption of approximately 65,000 households.
Denmark’s largest onshore wind project: Eurowind Energy chooses Siemens Gamesa as its supplier
“We are proud of being the developer behind the largest onshore project in Denmark. This is yet another proof that onshore wind should continue to be an important part of the energy mix to keep Denmark at the forefront when it comes to wind energy,” says Jens Rasmussen, CEO for Eurowind Energy and adds: “We have chosen Siemens Gamesa because we looked around in the market to find a turbine that is both a great match for these very windy conditions and can deliver high product quality and a highly competitive price. The upgrade of the turbine from 3.6 to 4.3 MW together with the 130 meters rotor was important to get the lowest cost per KWh produced.”
The installation of the Thorup-Sletten wind farm, west of the Aggersund bridge in northwestern Jutland, will start in October of this year. Siemens Gamesa will also be responsible for service and maintenance of the wind farm for 20 years through a long-term service program tailored for Eurowind.
“Of course it means a lot to us to win this bid from Eurowind and to be able to continue driving the transformation to renewables in Denmark. We are constantly working to offer innovation, technology and solutions tailored to the needs of the individual customer,” says Steven Pryor, Siemens Gamesa’s Onshore Business Unit CEO for North Europe and Middle East.
*The order was signed in Q2 of fiscal year 2019.
Siemens Gamesa is a global leader in the wind power industry, with a strong presence in offshore, onshore and services. Through its advanced digital capabilities, the company offers one of the broadest product portfolios in the industry as well as industry-leading service solutions, helping to make clean energy more affordable and reliable. With over 90 GW installed worldwide, Siemens Gamesa manufactures, installs and maintains wind turbines, both onshore and offshore. Its backlog stands at €23 billion. The company is headquartered in Spain and listed on the Spanish stock exchange (included in the Ibex-35 index).
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. Press release - Denmark’s largest onshore wind project: Eurowind Energy chooses Siemens Gamesa as its supplier. URL: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/newsroom/2019/04/190412-siemens-gamesa-news.... [Date Accessed: 12/04/2019].
- The company will supply 57 of its Siemens Gamesa 3.X platform turbines to the Kola wind farm
- Second contract for Siemens Gamesa in growing Russian market
- Siemens Gamesa will supply 60 units of its SG 4.5-145 wind turbines with a flexible power rating of 4.2 MW to Enel Green Power’s Parque Amistad III and IV wind farms in Coahuila, Mexico
- Projects were awarded during the 2017 Mexican Auction
- The company is to install ten SG 3.4-132 turbines with a total capacity of 34.6 MW
- The main components will be manufactured in the Aoiz (Navarra) and Ágreda (Soria) plants
- Scope includes supply of 48 SG 3.4-132 and 14 SWT-2.3-108 wind turbines for Southern Power and a 20-year service and maintenance agreement