A delegation of parliamentarians from the Korean National Assembly, along with representatives from leading governmental institutions such as the Korean Energy Agency, visited on Monday the Danish Energy Agency where they discussed the Danish energy transition.
In response to Governor Gina M. Raimondo's call for clean and affordable energy for Rhode Islanders, a recent competitive procurement attracted nearly 2,500 MW of carbon-free resources across 41 different bids. The procurement, issued by National Grid this past September, will help advance the Governor's goal to grow Rhode Island's clean energy supply ten-fold – to 1,000 megawatts – by 2020.
- innogy’s two projects win at auction
- A total of 85.2 megawatts of planned capacity
- FIDs planned for beginning of 2019
- A $11 million R&D program to be implemented over the next four years to improve reliability, drive down operating costs and improve safety of offshore wind operations
- The agreement will provide new digital and service solutions for operating and maintaining wind turbines remotely
- Collaboration will increase innovation and growth opportunities for the UK supply chain
Classification society, ABS, has issued an Approval in Principle (AIP) to SBM Offshore for its proprietary wind floater design.
Project highlights BP’s commitment to innovation and transition to a low-carbon future
The European Union is the latest backer of Akselos’ cutting edge technology, with the award of a €1.4 million research grant to the tech pioneer and engineering partner, LICengineering, to optimize the design of offshore wind turbines.
A wind farm with five Lagerwey turbines will be realized in Pyhäjoki.
- Construction of the £10 million state-of-the-art base in Harwich
- Project Nysäter with capacity of 475 megawatts
- Credit Suisse Energy Infrastructure Partners acquires 80 percent stake
- Power Purchase Agreement signed with a Global Energy Major
12 Nov | Are your turbines feeling the cold?
Blade icing has a major impact on wind turbines but has historically been difficult to assess. Clir Renewables developed software to detect icing and reduce associated losses.
After a prolonged period of decline, 2018 monsoon season brings significantly higher than average wind speeds across India.
Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc. (TEPCO) announced today that it has begun a seabed survey off the coast of municipalities of Choshi, Asahi, Sosa and Yokoshibahikari in Chiba Prefecture to ascertain the bedrock structure of the seabed for a possible offshore wind farm. The boring survey will last until the end of January 2019. TEPCO will also conduct sonic prospecting offshore of the municipalities of Choshi, Asahi, Sosa and Yokoshibahikari in the same period.
SceneScan Monopole is the first laser sensor developed for offshore wind farm applications where the need for installing fixed reflective targets is eliminated.
13 Nov | Manor Newbuild for 2019
Following the success of the initial Wind Farm Service Vessel, the ‘Manor Venture’, UK-based Manor Renewable Energy (MRE) Ltd is preparing to construct a second vessel, delivery in the latter part of 2019.
- Bank of America Commits to Long-Term REC Purchases from the Project
- GE’s Wind Integrated Solar Energy (WiSE) Technology Platform used to Maximize Energy Production
- Venture Illustrates Potential of Hybrid Solutions to Accelerate Penetration of Renewable Energy
- An investment of US$ 144 million is expected.
- The energy produced is equivalent to the consumption of 160,000 homes and may reduce about 5.5 million tons of CO2 in 20 years.