12 Nov |
Inauguration Ceremony for Taiwan’s First Commercial Scale Offshore Wind Farm
The inauguration ceremony for Taiwan’s first commercial scale offshore wind farm – Formosa 1 – was held today at Longfeng Fishing Harbor in Miaoli. Following the final installation of 20 turbines in October 2019, commercialization is expected at the end of year, symbolizing the project’s completion. Formosa 1’s inauguration is an important milestone in the realization of Taiwan’s commitment to deliver 5.7 GW of offshore wind capacity by 2025, and a further demonstration of its commitment towards green energy.
29 Oct |
Financial close achieved for Taiwan’s Formosa 2 offshore wind farm
- Taiwan’s Formosa 2 offshore wind farm reaches financial close
- Once complete, Formosa 2 will be one of the largest offshore wind projects in Taiwan, displacing an estimated 18,750 kt CO2e over its lifetime
- The NT$62.4 bn project will be financed by a consortium of 20 international and local Taiwanese financial institutions.
26 Aug |
Green Investment Group acquires Norwegian onshore wind development project
- Macquarie’s Green Investment Group (GIG) acquires the Tysvær Wind Farm in Norway
- Tysvær is GIG’s first development in Norway, further expanding GIG’s growing presence in the Nordic region
- The 47 MW project is being developed directly by GIG and is expected to start construction in early 2020.